The best way to clean up mold is to apply the right chemical for the job. Thankfully, there are plenty of good chemicals in your home that can get the job done. However, if you don’t have any of these, then rest assured that they’re probably readily available at your local store. These are:
Distilled White Vinegar: As an acidic substance with a deserved reputation in the home for cleaning, white vinegar is a gentle and natural remedy that can kill mold by breaking down its structures. In saying that, vinegar shouldn’t be your only option and should always be followed up by something more powerful.
Baking Soda + Borax: Like white vinegar, baking soda has been a staple in the home for years and has just enough cleaning ability to make it suitable for just about anything. Mixing baking soda or borax into a water solution can be a perfect way to get rid of small spots as they occur quickly, though it won’t be sufficient for larger blotches.
Bleach: Ah, bleach, the ultimate tool for anyone looking to make sure something is as clean as it can be. Bleach is a strong solution with a robust cleaning power that makes it capable of dealing with just about anything in the home. Be careful, though; bleach is also powerful enough to eliminate you as well, so be sure to ventilate the room you’re working in and dilute your bleach in water before use.
Hydrogen Peroxide: While it’s less harsh than bleach, hydrogen peroxide is still good enough to get the job done. With just a 10:1 solution in water, hydrogen peroxide is more than good enough to kill mold and reduce the color in stains.
While using chemicals is a great way to eliminate mold before it spreads further, the ultimate goal should be to make sure that mold doesn’t show up in the first place.
The best way to prevent mold from growing is to ensure your walls are adequately prepared for anything that could grow on them. The best way to do that is to make sure your surfaces are both water and mold resistant; mold loves a spot it can stick to consume moisture, having a surface that eliminates that can keep the mold at bay as well.
SafeMend is a fantastic, non-toxic, and water-repellant wall-mending agent designed to keep toxic substances away from your walls and ceilings. Try it out today and see for yourself how SafeMend can keep your family safe from dangerous toxins and mold in your home.